Tuesday 18 October 2011

Different worlds

Yesterday as I got down from  the bus near my home,I saw a child wearing a half pant and a shirt , both of them unwashed perhaps for weeks.It was understandable as their parents were busy working for the new fly over that is to be completed in few(few is not defined) years joining Aundh to Hinjewadi(most probably).As I write this blog I have set my music player in repeat mode and it will be repeating the same song so that I can concentrate on what I write.The name of the song? That I will tell you later.So yes the child as dirty as the road with sparkling eyes was collecting stone chips to help his parents. Although his effort was too meager to  have some effect on the pace of the work but was enough to make me think what I must have been doing when I was as young as him.I saw another man in his mid 50s
looking at the boy in admiration.

 I know after few years I will be driving my car on that fly over but that boy will be cursing  us in frustration, cursing his parents for the ignorance and cursing this world for its kindness. 
Why that boy at such tender age is not getting the treatment he deserves?What are our responsibilities?
What the government can do to revive the condition?Why the children of these people who are the most important factor in materializing the development of this country wont have a chance to develop?
These are the questions that lay in-front of us and we don't even feel obliged to think about these questions.

They have made tin houses for those who are working on this flyover project.I don't think those people have enough warm cloths ,that child must be shivering  in cold as I write this article sitting on a chair with a nice and comfortable headphone on.The song has started 4th or 5th time now.
I don't know,thinking of what Knopfler wrote the song(particularly the lines I am talking about) but the lines that has moved me the most than any other lines from any other song ,and it goes like:
                                                 "There's so many different worlds,
                                                           so many different suns,
                                                     And we have just one world,
                                                       But we live in different ones"

Brothers in arms is the song that I am listening to(now perhaps for the 6th time in a row)....
With a hope that a day will come when such boys will have equal chance of prospering as those who refuse to eat green-leafy-vegetables because they are not tasty and with a hope  that we all will live in the same world one day, not in different ones.......I'll go to sleep







2 comments: