Thursday 15 September 2011

Engineer's Day (15 Sep Every year :D)

I can write 70 words per minute but I can't read my own  Handwriting !!
I spend more time with my teachers than with my parents and family !!
I know the Euler's Theorem but I'm not sure what's my Shirt size !!
I have no life and i can prove this mathematically !!
I can translate English into Binary and  a 40/100 is Heaven for me !!
My xerox bills are higher than my semester fees !!

Can u guess who i am ????
Its not that difficult.........Yes, you got it right , I am the STUDENT OF ENGINEERING

History : Why we celebrate engineers day ??
In India, Engineer's day is celebrated on September 15. This day is celebrated in the honor of Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya (1861-1962), who was a notable Indian engineer, scholar, statesman and the Diwan of Mysore during 1912 to 1919. Internationally recognised for his genius in harnessing water resources, he was responsible for successful design and construction of several river dams, bridges and implementing irrigation and drinking water schemes all over India.

He served as the dewan of Mysore State and was considered to be the architect of the all-round development of Karnataka.

Among his most successful projects are the design and construction of the K.R. Sagar dam and its adjoining Brindavan Gardens, turn-around of the Bhadravati Iron and Steel Works, setting up of the Mysore Sandalwood Oil Factory and the founding of the Bank of Mysore.

Finally , this is for my all friends pursuing engineering :

We are Cheaters.. But we dont cheat Humanity!! 
We hate Study.. But we love Technology!! 
World cant Change us, But we can change the World!! 
We dont have Books in Hand.. But have Revolutionary Ideas in Mind!! 
We are the rarest common Race on Earth..!! Meet us.. We are the ENGINEERS!!!

I know what you guys thought before reading the history behind engineer's day , but yes what you thought might be true that this is the only day in the whole year when a engineer is actually happy !!! :D :D




No comments:

Post a Comment