Sunday 25 September 2011

In and out of the bus


I dont know how to start this post, I am actually not that great at wrting but being a part of this blog I have no choice but to write something and post it. I am writing somehting about my daily travel to my shitty college and the post is as follows...see i told you i am bad at writing you dont write 'as follows' and shit for a blog right....anyways its as follows...
I take a bus near my house and another near the COEP hostel and another near swargate and another near ok forget it and I believe in using public transport not because I dont have my own vehilce but out of my concern for the increasing pollution, and I am not being sarcastic. So why am I writng this post well the answer is written right at the beginning but on a serious note I actualy want to write something for the blog and hence this post.
Our very own PMPML BUS
It takes me more than an hour to reach my college on the way my eyes are either out of the window or on my cell phone(texting). There are many things that never change like the mad woman near the Shanivar Vada, she seems mad though I am not sure I might be the one, then the prostitutes standing at the brothel doors just ahead of the famous Dagdu Seth temple, the temple also doesnt change throughout the year except during the Ganeshotsav its suddenly a place everyone remembers and the bus route changes and i cant see the change. Bus is a pretty interesting place I am often accompanied by a labourer with the seductive smell of 'deshi daru' or by a fat lady or sometimes my brother who has started resembling Jimmy Hendrix and becomes the center of attention in the bus and I try to pretend this mad guy is not related to me. As the bus approaches swargate i find two shops with 'Deshi Darucha Dukan' written on the board and some daily wage labourers sleeeping with absolute calmness outside their doors. Sometimes it happens that a person gets caught without a ticket and shows temper on the ticket checker for not releasing him, its so funny to see a person hiding his mistake when everyone around him knows that he is the culprit. The habbit of texting that I have devloped for sometime now is compelling me to use some smileys but I will hold myself. Once a student got caught without a ticket and his excuse was 'leave me kaka i have exams' and the way he ran when the bus stopped was mind blowing the whole bus burst into laughter.
Now the B.R.T.S, well its the most amazingly misplanned and most beautifully misconstructed BRT though it has reduced time of travel it has narrowed down the road for other commutators(this might be my other reason for using the public transport) they have left no place for the people to cross the road. I everyday climb the wall like divider to cross the road, its not a problem for a 20 year old like me but the one with their back paining and knees aching its horrifying.
Last stop for me is Bharti Vidyapeeth whose red brick gate like the one during the era of Moughuls gives you a total misconception and I will not elaborate on the misconception. If I am lucky enough(which I am most of the days) I get a bus directly to my college and then I get down at the gate of my college whose name itself contains shit.
Now to end this painfull story with a happy note, I did not go to college today!!!

2 comments: